Software Engineer, VirusTotal
As a Software Engineer VirusTotal, you will develop technologies to promote the exchange of information and strengthen security on the Internet. You will bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, machine learning, reversing, malware analysis and threat hunting. In this role, you will work on projects critical to VirusTotal ecosystem needs, adapting quickly to effectively address new challenges across the full-stack and pushing technology forward for the greater good. This position does not offer the opportunity to work remotely.
Born from X, Alphabet's moonshot factory, Chronicle is advancing cybersecurity for enterprises of all sizes. We are dedicated to helping companies find and stop cyber attacks before they cause harm. We work with the entire security industry to give good the advantage in the fight against cybercrime. Joining experts in large-scale cloud computing, big data, machine learning, and cybersecurity, you'll help build out the next generation of security intelligence solutions.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with two or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a technical related field.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.