Software Engineer, Tools and Infrastructure
Mountain View, California
As a Software Engineer, Tools and Infrastructure, you will have the opportunity to research and solve complex and diverse technical challenges in the field of engineering productivity. You will create software that empowers engineering teams to ship high-quality products quickly and efficiently. You will consult, actively contribute and lead engineering projects from the earliest stages of the software development lifecycle. Engineers in this role are expected to be champions for code health, product excellence and best practices in software development and testing. You are also expected to have a broader view of the product, its development across teams and the infrastructure powering it, resulting in exposure to a wide variety of cross-functional teams. Having access to Alphabet’s technologies and vast resources provides a unique opportunity to grow as an engineer, regardless of your past experience.
Born from X, Alphabet's moonshot factory, Chronicle is advancing cybersecurity for enterprises of all sizes. We are dedicated to helping companies find and stop cyber attacks before they cause harm. We work with the entire security industry to give good the advantage in the fight against cybercrime. Joining experts in large-scale cloud computing, big data, machine learning, and cybersecurity, you'll help build out the next generation of security intelligence solutions.
- Design and create advanced tools and extensible frameworks to develop, build, test and release high-quality products quickly
- Lead and collaborate across teams, partner throughout the entire software development lifecycle with engineers at all levels
- Drive continual improvements in automated testing strategies and adoption of good design principles and coding practices (e.g. testability, maintainability and reliability)
- Enable measuring and increasing the team’s development and release velocity
- Analyze, debug and optimize large-scale distributed systems
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: software design, code analysis and refactoring, testing techniques and methodologies, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with one or more of the following: cloud storage and computing, big-data processing, API design, DevOps, design/maintenance of test automation frameworks, computer networking protocols
- Understanding of good coding style and practices
- Passion for software quality, scalability and reliability
- Good communication skills, experience with working collaboratively on complex projects and influencing engineering teams