Technical Program Manager
Mountain View, California
Born from X, Alphabet's moonshot factory, Chronicle is advancing cybersecurity for enterprises of all sizes. We are dedicated to helping companies find and stop cyber attacks before they cause harm. We work with the entire security industry to give good the advantage in the fight against cybercrime. Joining experts in large-scale cloud computing, big data, machine learning, and cybersecurity, you'll help build out the next generation of security intelligence solutions.
About the Role:
As a TPM on the Chronicle Engineering team you work closely with software engineers and partner with engineering leads to build next generation cyber-security platforms.
You plan and develop requirements with internal customers like Product Managers, Marketing and Sales, and usher projects through the entire software development life cycle. This includes consolidating and planning for features, developing and managing project schedules, identifying and keeping track of bugs/risks and clearly communicating the status to project stakeholders including leadership teams.
Due to the smaller size of our organization and rapid pace of growth and change, you will have cross-functional exposure at a company that moves quickly. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable operating in an organization that moves fast and someone who loves variety in their work. You are a self-starter and bring innovative approaches to problem solving, to develop and propose new ideas, and actively participate in improving the quality of our processes and product.
- Use your problem-solving and project-management skills to plan project schedules; identify possible issues or blockers; clearly communicate them; and solve or escalate them as needed. Identify process gaps and improvements, and collaborate with stakeholder teams and other TPMs to fix them
- Manage multiple high-impact projects with responsibility for schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders
- Manage dependencies between Engineering/DevOps teams and other teams such as Product and Customer Support
- Attend and help run agile process meetings, including standups and prioritization discussions
- Create and update spreadsheets, gantt charts, hotlists, and other systems as needed to track progress
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience managing cross-functional software projects in a variety of environments, including experience with agile methodologies
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Knowledge and experience with at least one of the following areas: Cybersecurity; Networking; Databases and indexing; enterprise software
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships with technical and non-technical groups
- Experience tracking and translating engineering discussions into actionable engineering tasks and next steps
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and contribute as part of a larger team
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical groups and to communicate with highly technical leaders
- Interest in cybersecurity, and in the demands of producing and supporting enterprise software