Senior Data Scientist
Mountain View, California
Born from X, Alphabet's moonshot factory, Chronicle is advancing cybersecurity for enterprises of all sizes. We are dedicated to helping companies find and stop cyber attacks before they cause harm. We work with the entire security industry to give good the advantage in the fight against cybercrime. Joining experts in large-scale cloud computing, big data, machine learning, and cybersecurity, you'll help build out the next generation of security intelligence solutions.
About the Role:
Data science and machine learning is a critical part of Chronicle’s product offering. At Chronicle we analyze large amounts of data to derive valuable insights for our customers.
As a data scientist, you will apply your experience in data analysis to understand the various datasets. You will work on defining and championing new data science related projects that will have a big impact on our customers. This will require you to collaborate with various internal Chronicle teams (product, engineering, and sales) for defining, scoping, and executing on the projects. You will use your machine learning skills to build new models, demonstrate the effectiveness of the models on the datasets, and the impact on the customers.
Due to the smaller size of our organization and rapid pace of growth and change, you will have cross-functional exposure at a company that moves quickly. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable operating in an organization that moves fast and someone who loves variety in their work. You are a self-starter and bring innovative approaches to problem solving, to develop and propose new ideas, and actively participate in improving the quality of our processes and product.
- Cleanse, analyze, and derive insights from massive customer data sets
- Research, design, and develop innovative algorithms to solve a variety of statistical data analysis problems
- Build predictive models and apply machine-learning algorithms to solve critical customer issues
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams to understand the needs of Chronicle and devise possible solutions
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software and machine learning engineers
- Keep-up with the latest technological advancements in the area of machine learning
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related areas (including but not limited to statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering, etc.)
- 5 years of relevant work experience analyzing and visualizing large data sets
- 3 years of relevant work experience in building and testing analytical machine learning models with emphasis on bias-variance trade-offs, precision-recall analysis, and statistical hypothesis testing
- Experience in developing and pushing machine learning models into production
- 5 years of relevant work experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python, SQL, Java, Go, and/or C++
- PhD in Computer Science or other related areas
- Strong skills in writing production code using Python and SQL
- Solid foundation in probability, statistics, and algebra
- Strong research publication record in top conferences and journals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in a start-up environment and data analysis in security space