Software Support Engineer
Mountain View, California
Born from X, Alphabet's moonshot factory, Chronicle is advancing cybersecurity for enterprises of all sizes. We are dedicated to helping companies find and stop cyber attacks before they cause harm. We work with the entire security industry to give good the advantage in the fight against cybercrime. Joining experts in large-scale cloud computing, big data, machine learning, and cybersecurity, you'll help build out the next generation of security intelligence solutions.
As a Software Support Engineer, you will serve as an expert in the products that Chronicle develops. You will find solutions to problems and help users work through technical difficulties to give an edge to the good guys. You must be passionate about customer satisfaction and problem solving. As a member of Chronicle Support, you will have opportunities for leadership and growth as we build out a world class customer support organization.
- Research and resolve technical issues coming in from different channels - web, phone, email etc. using source code level troubleshooting and other techniques
- Provide support case analysis reports to customers and internal management
- Work cross-functionally with Field, Product, and Engineering teams and develop knowledge base on support for internal teams and customers
- Provide technical leadership and bootstrap the support teams at various levels: customer facing level taking care of high volume cases (this level's priority is customer satisfaction), and backline support level doing more in advanced troubleshooting and fixing customer bugs (this levels priority includes improving developer/engineering productivity by deflecting customer issues from going to engineering)
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong understanding of UNIX/Linux system administration, along with a knowledge of troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Scripting experience using one of the Shell script/Perl/Python languages
- Knowledge of Big Data and RDBMS concepts and web application development
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- 10 years within a technical role (Development, Support, Administration)
- Experience with Big Data technologies, Clustering, and distributed programming
- Knowledge of kernel, file system, and database internals – latency, throughput, reliability, availability, consistency, security