Head of FP&A
Mountain View, California
Born from X, Alphabet's moonshot factory, Chronicle is advancing cybersecurity for enterprises of all sizes. We are dedicated to helping companies find and stop cyber attacks before they cause harm. We work with the entire security industry to give good the advantage in the fight against cybercrime. Joining experts in large-scale cloud computing, big data, machine learning, and cybersecurity, you'll help build out the next generation of security intelligence solutions.
About the Role:
As part of our Finance team, you will be supporting our fast growing business. In this exciting position, demanding excellence in technical skills, strength in building emerging businesses, and a proven ability to work in cross-functional teams. You will work closely with Chronicle’s Chief Finance Officer and play a strategic role interfacing with functions leads, Chronicle’s executive leadership team as well as Alphabet Finance. You’re a good fit for this position if you can provide FP&A leadership, top tier business analysis, drive data based decisions and can work well cross functionally.
- Manage business planning, analytics, and reporting, including formulating annual and long term financial planning and updating financial projections
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual financial planning cycles, drive visibility into business performance and resource planning decisions and define / evaluate go-to-market strategies.
- Define and implement metrics that matter and reporting tools to provide insight into product area performance
- Partner with key business teams to evaluate, structure, execute, and support key partnership and commercial agreements
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a quantitative field
- 9 years of relevant experience in finance, management consulting, corporate strategy or in an early stage/rapid growth environment
- Distinctive problem solving, financial modeling and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment, leadership skills, and ability to communicate with a senior management team
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment; comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Driven self-starter who can thrive in an unstructured environment; strong at navigating ambiguity, bringing clarity and structure as you go, start-up experience is a plus
- MBA or CPA/CFA a plus
- Excellent senior level business partnering, influencing and presentation skills including experience at C-level communications and support
- Demonstrable success in building leading and developing successful Finance teams