Last Updated: March 15, 2018
- What does Chronicle do?
- What information does Chronicle collect and why?
- How do we use information that we collect?
- Does Chronicle share information?
- How does Chronicle keep my personal information secure?
- International data transfers
- Privacy Shield
- Your data protection rights
- Data retention
- How to contact us
What does Chronicle do?
Chronicle is an enterprise software company focused on the areas of security, information and analytics. Chronicle is headquartered in the United States with subsidiaries in Ireland and Spain. Our products and services provide customers with information and tools to combat cybercrime.
What information does Chronicle collect and why?
The information we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily: Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily - for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to obtain services or receive marketing from us, inquire about commercial or employment opportunities and/or to ask us questions or send us feedback. If you choose to provide personal information the types of personal information you will be asked for and the reason we may ask for it will be made clear to you at the point of collection.
- Device information: We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Log information: When you use our Website, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include: details of how you used our Website, Internet protocol address, device event information, such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL as well as cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Location information: We may collect and process information about your actual location and use various technologies to determine location, including IP address.
- Local storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies: We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our Website, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with this Website or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology.
How do we use information that we collect?
We use information we collect from our Website to protect our users, provide, maintain, protect and improve our Website, as well as our products and services and recruit and hire talent.
Does Chronicle share information?
We may disclose information about you for the following reasons:
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- to enforce applicable terms of service, including to investigate potential violations;
- to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. protect against harm to our rights, property or safety or those of our users or the public to the extent required or permitted by applicable laws;
- for any other reason with your consent or at your direction.
How does Chronicle keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective). Our servers are located in many countries around the world, and our subsidiaries and third-party service providers and partners operate globally.
Chronicle commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of personal information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks in compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles. Chronicle remains responsible for any of your personal information that is shared under the Onwards Transfer Principle with third parties for external processing on our behalf, as described above. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our use of personal information about them in conjunction with our obligations under the Privacy Shield Principles should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chronicle has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU and Switzerland. You may also refer a complaint to your local data protection authority and we will work with them to resolve your concern. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield Framework provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints not resolved by other means, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles.
To learn more about the Privacy Shield program and to view our certification, please visit the Privacy Shield site.
Your data protection rights
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of personal information we may hold about you, you can do so at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information or our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.